Squiala First Nations Land Management
The purpose to administer interests in land and natural resources consistent with the Land Code and related agreements.
First Nations Lands Registry System (FNLRS) (Registration of lands related documents)
In Regards to Commercial/Development:
• Assignments of rents
• Amendments to related documents
In Regards to Band members:
• Registration and research on Evidence of Title
• Land Transfers or requests of additional member on a Certificate of Possession
• The availability of lots/land to band members that receive a pre-approval for a mortgage loan (subject to policies and procedures of the SFN Land Code)
• Assist in Land survey requests
• Assist in inquiries about various leases such as recreational, residential and commercial
Additional projects/tasks involved with SFN Lands, but not limited to:
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
• Attending meetings in regards to Land Management Laws, policies and practices
• Draft land band council resolutions
• Provide abstract reports related to PIN's (legal descriptions) for various Law firms to review all land transactions; in relation to their clientele's leased land
Key communications with authorities:
• Lands Advisory Board for technical support and provision of operations funding
• Contract staff with respect to surveys, legal issues, economic development opportunities.
• Administrative staff for revenue management and program interface
• First Nations Lands Registrar to ensure accuracy of records.
• Membership to inform and resolve disputes
LINKS TO SQUIALA LAND CODE RELATED DOCUMENTS
1. SUMMARY OF THE FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT ON FIRST NATION LAND MANAGEMENT
2. FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT - FULL VERSION
3. SUMMARY OF THE FIRST NATION LAND MANAGEMENT ACT
4. FIRST NATIONS LAND MANAGEMENT ACT - FULL VERSION
5. SQUIALA FIRST NATION LAND CODE